Commemorating the G-SHOCK 40th Anniversary, a new Eric Haze collaboration model
Introducing a new collaboration with Eric Haze, featuring a logo the graffiti artist has specially designed to commemorate the 40th anniversary of G-SHOCK. Based on the GMW-B5000 — the original full-metal take on the first-ever G-SHOCK, the DW-5000C which debuted in 1983 — this specially designed metal watch features artwork by Eric Haze laser-engraved on the band and a commemorative anniversary logo engraved on the case back.
Renowned graffiti artist, designer, and art director based in New York City. Began a career in the world of graffiti initially tagging as SE3 in the 1970s and went on to make a name as a pioneering icon in the field. Beyond active and wide-ranging involvement with hip-hop and street culture, for over 20 years now, Haze has been focusing on apparel and art direction.
Black IP + laser engraving
Artwork by Eric Haze is rendered using an IP coating and laser engraving. Black IP is applied to the stainless-steel band, with laser-engraved patterns of dots reproducing original graphics by the artist. Combinations of small, medium, and large dots create impressions of tonal shading, evoking the look of Haze’s characteristic graphic design across the entire band.
Engraved case back
A logo designed by Eric Haze to commemorate the G-SHOCK 40th anniversary is engraved on the screw-lock case back, which is coated in diamond-like carbon (DLC).
*Due to the screw-lock construction of the case back, the orientation of the logo and lettering on it may not match up perfectly with the dial.
Super Illuminator (full-auto LED backlight)
When the light is activated, Eric Haze’s graffiti tag appears as a special design feature. Includes a fade-in/fade-out effect.
The watch comes in special packaging made with eco-friendly materials, adorned with an Eric Haze-designed logo commemorating the 40th anniversary of G-SHOCK.
* App screens shown here may differ from actual screens, since the app is currently under development.
- iOS: iOS 10 or later
- Android: Android 6.0 or later
- Automatic time adjustment (four times a day)
- Easy watch setting
- World time (about 300 cities)
- Time & place
Pressing a button on the watch records the date, time and position on a map within the app. Useful as an activity log.
The watch will remind you of up to five upcoming events, which you set within the app.
- Phone finder
* Updating of internal data according to the latest time zone/ daylight saving time information
* Bluetooth® wordmark and logo are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of these marks by Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is under license.
* Apple, Apple logo and iPhone are trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.